VAILLANT GROUP UK LIMITED – GLOW-WORM AND WOLSLEY “GLOW GETTERS” PROMOTION
VAILLANT GROUP UK LIMITED – GLOW-WORM AND WOLSELEY “GLOW GETTERS” PROMOTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1.1 Subject to clauses 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 below, Vaillant Group UK Limited trading as Glow-worm (Glow-worm) provides this Glow-worm and Wolseley “Glow Getters” promotion (Promotion), which is open to applicants, over the age of 18 years, who are resident in mainland United Kingdom. For the avoidance of doubt, mainland United Kingdom excludes, without limitation, the Channel Islands, Isle of Man and/or Northern Ireland (Territory) (Applicant, and the term Applicants shall be interpreted accordingly).
1.2 The Promotion is not open to any Applicant who is, at any time during the period indicated in clause 1.3 below, an employee of:
- (a) Glow-worm; or
- (b) any other member of Glow-worm’s group of companies; or
- (c) any marketing services agency, handling house or other company involved directly with the administration of the Promotion;
or any member of any of such employees’ households.
1.3 The Promotion begins at 12.01 BST on the 1 September 2021 and expires at 23.59 BST on 31 December 2021 (Period), unless extended or terminated by Glow-worm at any time. Any such extension or termination shall be set out by Glow-worm on its Glow-worm Twitter page.
1.4 To qualify for the Promotion the Applicant must, in the Territory and during the Period:
- (a) be a gas safe registered installer;
- (b) be a Club Energy member or sign up to Club Energy;
- (c) purchase an Energy Unbelievebundle Pack, Wolseley Pack or Compact Bundle from any Wolseley branch within the UK and have it registered on Club Energy;
- (d) opt-in to the promotion on Club Energy in order to claim any prizes;
(Entry, and the terms Entries, Entrant and Entrants shall be interpreted accordingly). For the avoidance of doubt, no purchase is necessary to enter the Promotion and/or become a winning Entrant.
2. THE PROMOTION
2.1 The Entrant may be required, upon request by Glow-worm at any time, to provide further documents:
- (a) in support of their Entry; and/or
- (b) in accordance with these terms and conditions (Conditions); and/or
- (c) in accordance with the requirements of registration set out in clause 1.4; and/or
- (d) in accordance with clause 3.5.
2.2 Any Entry made outside the Period will be deemed invalid for the Promotion.
2.3 Early, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, defaced or corrupt Entries will not be accepted. An Entry made using a different method or technique from the method set out in clause 1.4 above will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted where any Entry is not validly registered for any reason.
2.5 By making an Entry, Entrants agree to be bound by these Conditions.
2.6 Glow-worm reserves the right to change the qualification conditions for the Promotion. Glow-worm shall exercise reasonable endeavours to notify the Entrant of any such changes and shall do so via the Website.
2.7 Glow-worm reserves the right to amend or cancel the terms of the Promotion without notice.
2.8 Glow-worm regrets that it is unable to accept or send any other correspondence concerning the Promotion other than as set out in these Conditions.
3 THE PRIZE
3.1 Each install of the Energy Boiler as part of the Energy Unbelieveabundle Pack, Wolseley Pack or Compact Bundle with a Glow-worm Power System Filter will unlock another ladder in the Promotion;
3.2 In relation to each install, the Entrant can choose to continue playing for a higher prize or claim the unlocked prize and start back at the beginning of the Promotion;
3.3 The prizes available at each stage of the ladder are shown below:
1 Boiler – cinema tickets for 2 people (digital voucher value £30)
2 Boilers – 10 credits
3 Boilers – 10 credits
4 Boilers – Three Course Meal for 2 people (digital voucher value £90)
5 Boilers – 10 credits
6 Boilers – 10 credits
7 Boilers – Family Theme Park Day for 4 people (digital voucher value £150)
8 Boilers – 10 credits
9 Boilers – 10 credits
10 Boilers – Track Day for 2 people (digital voucher value £250)
11 Boilers – 10 credits
12 Boilers – 10 credits
13 Boilers – Staycation for 2 people (digital voucher value £300)
(Prize, and the term Prizes shall be interpreted accordingly).
3.4 The Prize will be in the form of a digital voucher or installer credits on Club Energy and, where the digital voucher equates to a specific prize (rather than credits) each such voucher will have the maximum monetary value as specified next to the descriptions above.
3.5 Glow-worm may in its absolute discretion offer or substitute for the Prize, cash value for an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
3.6 All Prizes are non-transferable.
3.7 Prizes will be awarded to every Entrant during the Period.
3.8 Each winning Entrant must:
- (a) be a Club Energy member or sign up to Club Energy;
- (b) must activate the offer in the installer’s account in the ‘My Offers’ section of Club Energy;
- (c) purchase a Glow-worm energy boiler from any Wolseley branch within the UK and have registered it on Club Energy;
- (d) provide any other documents and/or other necessary information, requested by Glow-worm from time to time; and
- (e) be a sole trader or registered company.
3.9 If a winning Entrant:
- (a) fails to provide all relevant documents to Glow-worm in accordance with clause 3.5 above; or
- (b) in any other way contravenes these Conditions; then the winning Entrant’s Prize will be forfeited. Any winning Entrant who forfeits their Prize will not receive any payment or compensation of any kind.
3.10 It is the Entrant’s responsibility to ensure that the contact details provided to Glow-worm in accordance with clause 3.5 are up to date and/or correct. Glowworm accepts no responsibility for delivery and/or email to the wrong Club Energy account in the event that the Entrant failed to update their details, or such details being inaccurate.
3.11 The decisions of Glow-worm in respect of any and all aspects of the Promotion will be final and binding.
4 PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
4.1 Glow-worm may keep the Entrant informed of Glow-worm’s products and services by email, post and/or telephone, in accordance with:
- (a) the consents provided by the Entrant in accordance with the terms & conditions applicable to all users of the applicable social media pages; and
- (b) the consents provided by the Entrant to Glow-worm from time to time; and
4.2 The Entrant may write to Glow-worm at the address provided in clause 8.1, if they do not want to receive any information in accordance with clause 4.1 above, or alternatively email glow-worm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.3 The Entrant expressly authorises Glow-worm to provide the Entrant’s details to third parties, or such part(s) of their details as is necessary, to comply with these Conditions, and/or any applicable law.
4.4 The Entrant acknowledges that Glow-worm and/or other members of its group of companies are the owner of any and/or all Intellectual Property Rights relating to the names, logos, trade marks, products, services, get-up, van livery, trade dress, labels, stickers, promotional leaflets, flyers and posters used in the Promotion from time to time (Marketing Materials). For the avoidance of doubt, in these Conditions, Intellectual Property Rights means any and/or all patents, utility models, rights to inventions, copyright and neighbouring and related rights, moral rights, trade marks and service marks, business names and domain names, rights in get-up and trade dress, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off, rights in designs, database rights, rights to use, and protect the confidentiality of, confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets) and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world.
4.5 The Entrant acknowledges that any Marketing Materials provided to the Entrant by Glow-worm, any member of Glow-worm’s group of companies, any other marketing services agencies, handling houses or other companies involved directly with the administration of the Promotion in accordance with these Conditions, may contain Intellectual Property Rights. The Entrant’s licence, if any, to use any such Marketing Materials and/or any of the Intellectual Property Rights in them, is solely for the Entrant’s benefit and the Entrant is prohibited from sub-licensing, assigning, transferring and/or dealing with any such Intellectual Property Rights and/or Marketing Materials in any way.
4.6 The Intellectual Property Rights in the Glow-worm name and logo are owned by Vaillant GmbH, a company registered in Germany whose registered office is Berghauser Str. 40, Remscheid, Germany, 42859.
5.1 Nothing in these Conditions shall limit or exclude Glow-worm’s liability for:
- (a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors;
- (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- (c) breach of the terms implied by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (title and quiet possession); or
- (d) breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession); or
- (e) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
5.2 Subject to clause 5.1 above:
- (a) Glow-worm shall under no circumstances whatever be liable to the Entrant in respect of this Promotion, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with the Promotion;
- (b) Glow-worm shall under no circumstances whatever be liable to the winning Entrant in respect of the choice, quality, relevance and/or appropriateness of the Prize, and/or any injury or damage caused by or arising from their use of the Prize; and
- (c) Glow-worm’s total liability to the Entrant in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with any Entry made under the Promotion and/or the Prize, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the value of the Prize.
5.3 The Entrant shall keep Glow-worm indemnified against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) and all other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered and/or incurred by Glow-worm as a result of or in connection with any claim made against Glow-worm by a third party arising out of or in connection with the Promotion, to the extent that such claim arises out of or is contributed to by the breach by the Entrant and/or its employees, agents or subcontractors of these Conditions.
5.4 The terms implied by sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the terms implied by sections 3 to 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from these Conditions.
5.5 Glow-worm is not responsible or liable for any technical, hardware, software, server, website, or other failures or damage of any kind to the extent that this prevents the Entrant from or otherwise obstructs the Entrant from participating in the Promotion.
5.6 The Entrant shall be liable for any and/or all taxation liabilities that may arise under or in accordance with the Promotion (Tax Liability). For these purposes, Tax Liability shall include any and/or all of the following:
- (a) income taxes, including any taxes arising from benefit in kind taxes;
- (b) National Insurance; and
- (c) any other relevant United Kingdom taxes; and/or
- (d) any other relevant corporate tax or other tax liabilities.
6 FRAUD AND OTHER EVENTS
6.1 Glow-worm reserves the right to audit each Entry to ensure that these Conditions have been met and to request reasonable additional information, and supporting documents, regarding an Entry.
6.2 Glow-worm reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Promotion with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control including, but not limited to, anticipated, actual or suspected fraud.
6.3 Glow-worm shall not be liable for any failure to comply with these Conditions where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, acts of God, adverse weather, fire, flood, computer virus, mobile phone failures, bugs, sabotage, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion or unrest, terrorism or supervening legislation. Accordingly, Glow-worm may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the Promotion and the Entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Glow-worm as a result.
6.4 Submission of a false, incorrect, misleading or fraudulent Entry, information or other supporting documentation may result in disqualification from this Promotion and/or all future promotions run by Glow-worm and in the Entrant being subject to prosecution.
7.1 The parties agree that the Conditions constitute the entire agreement between them, and supersede all other drafts, agreements, arrangements and understandings between them, and any terms contained in any of the Marketing Materials.
7.2 The Promotion and these Conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales.
7.3 The Entrant and the Promoter irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. However, if the Entrant is a consumer and is resident in Scotland, the Entrant may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
8 THE PROMOTER
8.1 The Promoter is Vaillant Group UK Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 00294316 and whose registered office is at Nottingham Road, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 1JT.
8.2 Applicants and/or Entrants should not send requests to enter the Promotion to any address set out in these Conditions, as they will not qualify for the Promotion and will not be responded to.
8.3 For questions regarding the status of an Entry, please email: email@example.com.
Please retain a copy of these Conditions for your reference.