Efficient Heating and Hot Water for Larger Homes
Glow-worm regular boilers are ideal for larger households with multiple bathrooms and a high demand for hot water. Also known as heat-only, conventional, or open-vent boilers, this type of boiler will ensure that your hot water and central heating needs are met.
You can rely on our range of high-efficiency heat-only gas boilers. We’ve been keeping households toasty and warm since 1934, and we’re proud to offer one of the most comprehensive guarantees around. When you choose a Glow-worm conventional boiler, you’re choosing a product that’s reliable, energy-efficient and kind to your bank balance, and the environment.
Browse our range of regular open-vent boilers below and click on a product to find out more about its suitability for your home. If you need a little help, don’t hesitate to contact us online, or give our friendly team a call on 0345 602 2922 and we’d be happy to answer any questions you might have.
*Please note: Our extended guarantees are available when installed and registered by a Club Energy installer. Find an installer near you to take advantage of this offer.
1 - 4 of 4 Results
1 - 4 of 4 Results
What is a heat-only boiler and how does one work?
A heat-only or regular boiler provides central heating and hot water to the home via a system including your boiler, a hot water storage cylinder (often installed in your airing cupboard), and a cold water tank in your loft.
The cold water tank is filled via your mains water supply. This is then heated in your hot water cylinder, so when you turn the tap or shower on you get a steady stream of hot water. The second tank brings in cold water to maintain the levels in your central heating system.
This system of storing, heating, and distributing hot water around your home means that there is always a significant volume of hot water ready to go at any given time.
Visit our heat-only boiler guide to learn more.
Should I buy a new conventional boiler?
A conventional gas boiler is perfect for larger households that often need a supply of hot water to more than one bathroom at the same time. They’re also a great choice if your water pressure is low or your home has old-fashioned radiators.
There are a few points to consider before you buy a new heat-only boiler:
- Make sure that you have enough room for the cold water tank in the loft. If you’re tight on loft space and your home has reasonable water pressure, a system boiler might be more suitable.
- If your household has less than four bedrooms and two bathrooms and doesn't need much hot water, then you may be better off choosing a combi boiler – these modern, compact boilers are all-in-one units with no requirement for a separate hot water storage tank, saving space in your home.
For more advice on whether a conventional boiler would be right for your home, see our guide to regular boilers. You can always get in touch if you have any further questions.
Which type of regular boiler is right for my home?
When looking to buy a conventional boiler, you should choose a model that’s the right size for your home and how many bedrooms, bathrooms, and radiators you have:
- If your house has up to 6 radiators, a 12kW Energy regular boiler would be the most appropriate and economical choice.
- A multiple-bathroom property with around 8 radiators would need a 15kW Energy regular boiler.
- Larger homes with several bathrooms and more than 15 radiators will benefit from the 25kW Ultimate₃ Regular (Open Vent) Boiler or the 25kW Easicom₃ Regular Boiler.
- If you live in a house with three or more bathrooms and 20+ radiators, then we recommend choosing the 30kW Energy regular boiler.
Glow-worm open-vent boiler guarantees
Glow-worm open-vent boilers come with free parts and labour guarantees of between 3 and 7 years depending on which product you choose (our Energy regular boilers come with a 7-year guarantee out of the box).
We also give you the option to extend your guarantee if you have your regular boiler installed and registered by a Club Energy installer. Find an installer near you to take advantage of this offer.
Want to find out more about our regular boilers?
Find your local Glow-worm Club Energy Installer
Club Energy is Glow-worm’s installer loyalty scheme. By choosing a Glow-worm Club Energy Partner, you’re choosing our network of fully trained, independent installers who can offer you exclusive extended guarantees, as well as a no obligation quote to ensure your Glow-worm boiler is the perfect fit for you and your home.