Glow-worm Guarantee Terms and Conditions
To receive the full benefits of the extended guarantee the following terms and conditions must be followed or your claim will be rejected:
If your installer advises you of a boiler fault, please contact Glow-worm Service.
1. Installation and commissioning must be carried out by a Gas Safe** registered engineer, within 6 months of despatch of the boiler from Glow-worm’s warehouse.
2. All works must be fully in accordance with the installation manual and these terms and conditions.
3. The Benchmark log book must be completed by the installer at the point of installation and retained on site for inspection during an engineer’s visit.
4. The guarantee will commence from the date of installation. To validate this Glow-worm will require proof of purchase – i.e. an invoice or completed Benchmark logbook, without which the guarantee will commence from the date of manufacture, as shown on the boiler data Plate.
5. The boiler guarantee must be registered within 30 days of installing the appliance. Failure to register within this time period will result in the guarantee reverting to 12 months from date of installation.
To register your guarantee and for further details go to our website at: www.glow-worm.co.uk
6. To register you must provide the full 28 digit serial number of the appliance. This is clearly shown on the;
- Boiler packaging
- Appliance data plate
- Removable stickers attached to the top of the boiler
- Back of the control box
7. The boiler must be serviced annually by a Glow-worm or other Gas Safe Registered engineer in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
8. Service details must be recorded in the Benchmark logbook which must be available for inspection.
9. The cost of annual servicing is not included in the guarantee.
10. The guarantee applies only to boiler component failures and does not apply to any other central heating system components external to the boiler, (such as room thermostats, time controls, motorised valves etc.).
11. Any Glow-worm article or accessory supplied other than the boiler, e.g. control, will be covered by a separate guarantee relating to that accessory.
12. The guarantee will cover material and labour charges to repair or replace components within the boiler against manufacturing defects from the installation date, provided this is carried out by Glow-worm or a Glow-worm authorised Gas Safe registered engineer.
13. Invoices for attendance and repair of this appliance by third parties will not be accepted for payment unless pre-authorised in writing by Glow-worm.
14. The guarantee on any repair or replacement parts (including boiler replacement, should it be necessary) does not extend the guarantee period in relation to the appliance beyond the original term as defined in accordance with clause 5.
15. If any failure is caused by contaminated water in the boiler e.g. blockages, or influences of flux residues, iron oxides, limescale, sludge etc. the engineer’s visit becomes chargeable at the prevailing rates.
16. Moving the boiler to another property without Glow-worm’s written consent will invalidate the guarantee.
17. Self-maintenance tasks such as re-pressurising the system, bleeding air or thawing frozen condensate pipes are not covered by the guarantee. In these instances Glow-worm recommends you contact your Gas Safe registered engineer.
18. The guarantee does not include cover for fair wear and tear, wilful damage, abnormal storage or working conditions, accidental damage or negligence by you or by any third party and failure by you or any third party to operate or use the products in accordance with the user instructions.
19. The guarantee does not cover installation in mobile leisure accommodation vehicles – i.e. boats, caravans etc.
20. The guarantee does not cover consequential losses relating to any other costs or expenses caused by or arisin gas a result of the breakdown of a Glow-worm boiler.
21. All installation related, non-boiler or external system fault calls will be charged to you and could also invalidate your guarantee.
22. Health and safety is paramount to us and if our engineers cannot gain safe access to the boiler or an engineer cannot gain access to the property then Glow-worm’s abortive charge will apply.
23. For calls requested to boilers within the guarantee period a refundable deposit may be required prior to the commencement of any works or any visit. This deposit will not be retained if the diagnosed fault is covered by the boiler guarantee.
24. If these terms and conditions have not been complied with in full then Glow-worm reserves the right to declare your guarantee as null and void. Glow-worm’s decision regarding guarantee claims is final.
25. If this guarantee is declared null and void, upon your request, Glow-worm may offer to provide an extended guarantee product for repairs and annual services for an additional cost.
26. This guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, your statutory rights in relation to any product that is faulty or not as described.
27. The use of any non-genuine Glow-worm spare parts in any repair will invalidate the guarantee.
28. In registering the guarantee please note that Glow-worm will share your personal data with its business partners in order to assist with the administration of the guarantee.
29. The guarantee is provided to you by Vaillant Group UK Limited, (registered in England with Company Registration No.00294316) of Nottingham Road, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 1JT.
30. The guarantee is valid for installation in domestic dwellings in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands.
31. The terms of this guarantee are subject to the laws of England and Wales and any dispute arising from this guarantee shall be decided under those laws and before a court or tribunal in England
** or its equivalent body